Free Tires for My Wife's Garden?

Where can I find some 15in tires for a project in my wife's garden?

Gold Post Medal for All Time! 677 Posts

I would go to an auto body shop. When cars are totaled, they may give you tires that are no longer usable for driving.

If you find any 235 75 r15 MY wife is driving me crazy about her garden can't finish it till I get the tires.

Bronze Feedback Medal for All Time! 196 Feedbacks

This is a very serious suggestion....where I am almost every hillside has old tires that people toss and it is such an eyesore.

You would be doing an amazing service to 1. pull them for a dump that is not supposed to be a dump and 2. use them for your project!

They would be free and reused!! The best kind of double power win!

Blessings!!

Where can I come get some for my wife's flower garden

Call your town's public works department. They can tell you where there are illegal dumping grounds in your town and you can see if there are old tires tossed there.

I see from another post you made you are in Phoenix. Here is a link to your city's public works department.

www.phoenix.gov/publicworks

Their phone number is 602-262-6251

Thank you

Gold Feedback Medal for All Time! 949 Feedbacks

Since you are wanting a certain tire size, I would suggest going to several of your new or used tire shops (just Google tires with your zip code) as they have to pay someone to pick up the tires they remove from the vehicles they service.

New larger shops may not let you have tires because of insurance regulations (they may think you are going to put them on a vehicle and they could be liable) and their insurance may not let non-employees look for tires as the company would be liable if someone was injured.

I would try some of the smaller shops (you may be able to see the old tires from the parking lot) as all states have to legally dispose of tires and that means they pay someone to take them away.
Try making some phone calls first.
Also, junk yards may sell you some but many of theirs may be on rims and cost more (but still cheap).
All states have laws about disposal of used tires so just keep asking until you find a place that will let you have some.

I would suggest taking pictures of your wife's flower garden (how she is using tires) so you can show this is why you want the tires.

If you go looking in some illegal dump sites I would suggest you be careful of snakes (some love old tires) and be careful of all the other garbage around the site especially where you drive your car as I have found these dumps are favorites for dumping old roofing materials (nails and all).

Consumer Advice Product FinderJune 4, 2019
🐛
👔
🌻
Generated 2022-05-09 15:50:25 in 944 msecs. ⛅️️
https://www.thriftyfun.com/Free-Tires-for-My-Wifes-Garden.html