Reuse Laptop Carrying Cases For Craft Projects

Do you have a laptop that is not working anymore? Save that case! Especially the type of case that unzips all the way to lay flat, and is lined with a flannel-like material. Those are great for organizing your craft supplies.

I had a case from a Sony Vaio like that, and when the computer was gone, I turned it into a bead project case. I took the leftover containers from my son's Gerber baby food (the new plastic ones) and put heavy duty adhesive Velcro on the bottom (the hook side). These stick to the flannel lining of the case, and I can hold 15. The outside pocket holds my pliers and other tools that don't fit in the containers. When I need to go teach a class, I just zip up my case, and I am off.

By Regina from Rochester, NY

My daughter-in-law bought a new case for her laptop and left the old one here. She was going to throw it out, but I kept it since it was in such good shape, knowing that I'd find a use for it. Thanks for the suggestion!

What a great idea!

I recently took an extra carrier case that I had and put my drawing supplies in it. It's great for on the go.

Laptop cases also work well for those who use a walker or rollator. You can either cut the strap shorter and fasten it to the top bar by using big snaps, or just cut "button holes" at one end of the straps and sew large buttons on the other end. Myself, I wrap the strap around the walker bar and then snap it together so that the bag can still be used over the shoulder.