Poll: Have you made homemade laundry soap?

Today's poll asks: Have you made homemade laundry soap?

Feel free to post feedback about this poll in the forum below.

I've made it for years, and believe that it's every bit as good as store-bought detergent. I remember watching my grandfather make homemade soap and grating it to do laundry when I was a child, over 50 years ago. People get so caught up with the brand of soap to use, where to find washing soda, etc, that they fail to realize that the recipe is not a given and can be tweeked in any number of ways. The goal is to clean laundry, not to keep the familiar scent of a favorite brand. Bar laundry soap that you buy is nothing but a soap that has borax added to it.

Yes, we have made the home made laundry soap, It don't cost very much, and lasts a long time. It cleans very good. We are happy with it...

I make it for all my friends and for our local homeless shelter and DVA site. We all love it and it's so economical and easy! I do use the "special" bar soap and other ingredients, simply because I have easy access to them.

I have made it for years also and we love it. We are a family of 6 and I do on average 2-3 large loads of laundry a day. That cost adds up really quickly with brand name or generic soaps but with homemade it is super cheap and does a great job...Another added benefit, it doesn't bother our children's skin like so many overly scented products. Anyone thinking of trying to make it, know that it is really easy to do and the benefits last and last and last.

Can anyone share laundry soap recipes??? I'm willing to try anything!!!

Yes & I love it! Each new batch I try making a different scent. I bought sandalwood essential oil & will try that next. The homemade detergent cleans superbly & your washing machine will last longer using it.

Mobo, here's recipes for laundry detergent:

http://www.thefrugalshopper.com/articles/detergent.shtml

Yes I have made my own laundry soap for about a year. My family has sensitive skin, and it works great! I use a bar of ivory for mine ( that's what my grandma said to use ). I save about $300.00 a year. We are using the savings for a small vacation!

Hand washing shower wall
Removing Soap Scum from Shower Doors
HE Washer
Homemade Laundry Soap for an HE Washer
liquid laundry soap
Homemade Liquid Laundry Detergent Recipes
Neatly Wrapped Homemade Soap
Packaging Homemade Soap for Sale
🎉
🎄