Dryer Leaving Holes in Clothing

Why do I have tiny holes in my t-shirts after drying them?

By Katherine from Charlotte, NC

Sometimes zippers from jeans can do this. It is a good practice to zip up any zippers before putting them in the wash. I hope this helps.

Are you sure it's happening in the dryer? Where do your dirty clothes sit,in a hamper or on the floor? It could be crickets, moths or something else chewing holes in them.

We went through a spell when I had 4 kids at home, where I was always finding tiny holes in the kids shirts & sometimes even mine. I couldn't figure out what was causing them. My kids were bad about leaving their clothes on the bathroom floor or 'missing' the hamper in the laundry room, occasionally knocking mine out in the process. When I read that bugs will chew tiny holes in your clothes, I connected that with the occasional cricket I'd find in the house (especially in the laundry room,where they were coming in the dryer vent hole). Once I enforced the rule of no clothes on the floor, the holes quit popping up. Even now, years later, I will invariably find holes in some of the shirts if they are left on the floor by my boys.

I also sealed off the dryer vent where it exits the house & put cricket bait out to get rid of the crickets.

I was also going to say it could be zippers on other clothes causing this.

Consumer Advice Clothing AdviceApril 26, 2011
Drilling Holes in Glass
Drilling Holes in Glass
wild mouse
Keeping Mice Out of a Dryer Vent
Photo of an angel craft made form used dryer sheets.
Making Dryer Sheet Angels
Dryer Sheets
Are Dryer Sheets Safe for Birds?
🐰
🍀
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on February 24, 2017 at 9:28:28 AM on 10.0.1.80 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.