Having a Party With No Children to Invite

My daughter is turning 2 years of age in May. I want to throw her a birthday party, but I really don't know any toddlers to invite. What do parents do in this situation?

Veronica from San Antonio, TX

Join a play group.

Sign her up for daycare or preschool one or two mornings a week (you can be a room mother too)

Sign up for a gym that has child care while you work out.

You need the socialization too !

Invite your friends. If she goes to daycare, invite some of those kids as well. Playdates? Relatives?

I wouldn't think that the invitees would have to be toddlers. I think any age child would love to be invited to a birthday party. Do you have friends that have older children that would like to be invited? I'm sure your toddler would have just as much fun. I know my 2-yr-old granddaughters would love that!

When my oldest son was two, I had the next door neighbors over..."Grandma" Leiso and her two teen age daughters whom Tommy knew. He just loved the cake with the candle and all the attention. You do not need toddlers to have a birthday party of a two year old. If Grandma and Grandpa are close they would be nice. Otherwise just someone she knows like a babysitter would be great.

I worked in an athletic club daycare for 10 years (by the way, the joining a gym suggestion is great - I saw so many little friendships develop in that setting, & it also encouraged friendships between the parents!), & I noticed something very interesting about toddlers. Before age 3 to 3 1/2, toddlers do not play WITH each other - they play BESIDE each other, or they observe each other. Developmentally, they are not yet equipped to initiate play with someone their age. Instead of a toddler party, just get together with people whom your child loves and cares about, no matter what their ages. Also, instead of a party, you could take her someplace special, like the movies or the zoo.

Just an opinion - I have observed so many parents pull out all the stops for birthday parties for little kids - they spend tons of money and they do this to impress other people instead of doing what the child would like. Your two year old will probably not remember much about it, so you might have some fun photos, but you won't really be making a memory. Keep it simple & just show your child she is loved. That is the most important thing! Save the big party until she is older and can really enjoy it.

Personally 2 is too young. Its more for your benefit, it very overwhelming for a toddler to have a bunch of kids of like age. It would be so much better just to have a small family party, and wait until they are old enough to understand the concept, like 6 and up.

2 Year Old Birthday Party
2 Year Old Birthday Party Ideas
Holidays and Parties Parties KidsMarch 17, 2008
Decorate Cupcakes
Decorate Cupcakes at a Birthday Party
Frugal Birthday Party
Frugal Party Locations
Homemade wedding favor.
Homemade Wedding Favors
Wedding Rehearsal
Wedding Rehearsal Dinner Invitations Ideas
🎉
🎄