Question
Browse>Contests>Ask>Share>Newsletters>Account>About>

Ideas For Golf Themed Centerpieces

I am throwing a surprise 60th for my husband. I need ideas for cheap golf centerpieces. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Laurabelle from Braintree, MA

By

Here are the recent answer to this question.

By Charles Hubbs [1]09/13/2008

Go to a thrift store and buy a real old putter 2or3 dollars. Have it put into a glass case just the way you buy it. He'll be blown away.
Tell him it was Arnold Palmers putter and he'll really be surprised. Then after a few hours or days you can tell him the truth. God Bless all.

By Kim M (Guest Post)09/13/2008

Goldfish Golf Centerpieces: I bought inexpensive round fish bowls at a discount store (about $3), placed some green fish gravel (from pet shop about $4/bag that fills about 8 bowls)) on the bottom. Then I drilled a small hole in an old golf ball (one for each centerpiece), stuck a bamboo skewer in the hole and made a Hole Marker Flag for the top of the skewer. Add a gold fish and you have a creative and inexpensive centerpiece that your guests could take home.

By Mary Lou [14]04/30/2008

Get inexpensive golf balls from a dollar store and make a 3D pyramid ie 4 balls bottom, three balls on top of that, then make a small flag with paper or felt on a stick(like the flags at the holes on a golf course) with 19th written on them or get stickers of numbers and letters to go on the flag. Glue flag beside the top golfball. Add some dollar store tees as well. You could tape these on so that the people at the tables could take home if they are golfers. Actually you could doublefaced carpet tape the balls together as well and the party guests could take some of those too. As an added touch, you could write your husband's name, 60 and the date on the balls with permanent markers in different colors especially if the balls you can get are only white.

RE: Ideas For Golf Themed Centerpieces