Crafts For KidsCrafts

Craft Ideas for Toddlers

I am look for ideas for wind chimes, garden decor, kids outdoor art, garden ideas for toddlers and any kind of kids projects that can be made for indoors or outdoors.

Hardiness Zone: 3b

Max from Orlando, FL

You could make a pinecone birdfeeder. Cover a pinecone in peanut butter and roll in birdseed. Hang in a tree with yarn.

You can also string Cheerios on yard as a birdfeeder.

I've heard that peanut butter isn't good for the birdies...try suet instead!

Finger paint is great for outside...tempera paint works, too, just make sure the paint is as washable as you need it to be for your patio, deck, etc. My 2 year old LOVES when I put her paint into a paper plate and let her go crazy. Tack some paper (butcher paper is great, but newspaper works, too!) down with rocks or other weights. You can use brushes, but the little ones love to use their hands and feet as painting tools. The best part is that you can just let them run through the sprinkler or jump into a kiddie pool afterward to clean all the paint off.

Sidewalk chalk, planting seeds, digging in the dirt with a small shovel and pail...toddlers usually think that the simplest things are most fun. Sometimes when I try to organize an activity for my daughter, she ends up having more fun with the box I put the supplies in! Don't try too hard...they can be very creative. :) Good luck.

Try some of the printable toddler crafts found at http://www.babi  -toddler-crafts/