Suggestions for Indoor Plants

I was hoping for a tall indoor plant like Forsythia and Curly Willow. I'm not set on flowering or not, but I am aiming for easily manageable, thin twigs, and decorative. I usually transfer plants outdoors for the summer to get some light. Does anybody have favorite indoor plants in mind?

Hardiness Zone: 5b

Eduardo from Chicago, IL

Answers

I have a hibiscus (they look like a tree-like bush and flower big orange flowers in the summer time) that is doing great in my front hall and really enjoys the front porch in summer. Mine is red orange, but a quick image search will show you that they come in a wide range of colors.

May 4, 2011 Flag

My living room is long and doesn't have a whole lot of light. I need a few tall plants that are affordable, are low light, and are okay with a little neglect. I'm new to the whole gardening thing, and I need more life in my living room!

Any suggestions?

By Megan from Perry, FL

Answer This QuestionWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

Your best bet is to go to your local garden centre and ask these questions. They can give you great suggestions regarding care, sunlight required, and so much more. I always ask these questions and normally my plants all do well.

Best of luck.

Also do a search in google to see what are really good plants to have around for air purification, health and so much more. Myself I love the spider plant for air purification.

Karyn

Philodendron meets your qualificantions and so does a plant called "Mother-in-laws Tongue" (also known as Sword Plant) both hold up to a bit of neglect, drought and low light.

Home and Garden Gardening IndoorMarch 16, 2009
Spider Plant on White Background
Growing Spider Plants
Air Ionizer and Purifier for Allergies
Improving Indoor Air Quality
Bamboo Palm in white pot.
Bamboo Palm Plant Care
Spice Rack
Starter Spice Rack Suggestions
🎄