Contact Paper For Longer Lasting Books

If you want to have paperback books last, cover them with clear contact paper, leaving a margin of 2 plus inches on the inside edge. For some reason, this seems to help the binding, as well as keeping the cover from getting frayed.

You can also use scraps of paper with a slight pattern, which you can sometimes find at the dollar store.

I have books I covered in the 60's which are still readable due to covering in contact paper!

By Pam from L.A., CA

Where to get clear contact paper? Thanks, this is a great idea. Wonder if this would help hardbound books also. Thank you for this great idea.

Rachelle B.

bervenrae AT

When I was teaching I did this with all the paperback books in my classroom library. It extended the life of these books enormously.

Saving Money On Books, Stacks of old books at a flea market or used book sale.
Saving Money On Books
Organizing BooksMarch 17, 2006
Contact Paper Crafts
Craft Uses for Contact Paper
Saving Money on Audio Books
Saving Money on Audio Books
Uses for Contact Lens Cases, Green and white contact lens case.
Uses for Contact Lens Cases
Stack of Old Phone Books
Uses for Old Phone Books