BooksOrganizing

Contact Paper For Longer Lasting Books

If you want to have paperback books last, cover them with clear contact paper, leaving a margin of 2 plus inches on the inside edge. For some reason, this seems to help the binding, as well as keeping the cover from getting frayed.

You can also use scraps of paper with a slight pattern, which you can sometimes find at the dollar store.

I have books I covered in the 60's which are still readable due to covering in contact paper!

By Pam from L.A., CA

Top Comment

When I was teaching I did this with all the paperback books in my classroom library. It extended the life of these books enormously.

Where to get clear contact paper? Thanks, this is a great idea. Wonder if this would help hardbound books also. Thank you for this great idea.

Rachelle B.

bervenrae AT yahoo.com