Making a Contact Paper Shamrock Suncatcher
Gold Post Medal for All Time! 555 Posts
March 7, 2017
Try this simple to make, but fun, project for kids or adults!
Total Time: 1/2 hour
- contact paper
- colored tissue paper or crepe paper
- glitter (missing from photo)
- scissors/hole punch optional
- marker or pen
- Trace or draw a shamrock pattern onto a piece of contact paper. DON'T cut the shamrock out yet. Just cut it square or generally square. That comes later!
- Snip up pieces of your colored paper/crepe paper. Use a hole punch if desired!
- Peel the backing off your contact paper and sprinkle your colored snippets on the sticky paper. Stay away from the outline since you will be sticking the contact paper together and want a complete seal!
- Sprinkle lightly with glitter if desired!
- Cut a second square of contact paper, peel and stick it over your decorated piece of contact paper. NOW trim the contact paper to the shamrock shape that was drawn on the original piece, squeezing out any air bubbles.
- That's it! Easy peasy! You may make a hole punch to hang it or just tape it to your window.
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2022 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.