Ribbon Shamrock Pin
If you need a bit of the green to wear this St. Patrick's Day, try making this simple shamrock pin. This page contains instructions for making a ribbon shamrock pin.
Share on ThriftyFunThis page contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
Create a shamrock from a 12-inch piece of ribbon that is at least 1/4 inch wide. I found that the wider the ribbon, the easier it was to create. Now you have no excuse for not wearing green on St. Patty's Day!
Approximate Time: about 30 minutes
- 12 inch piece of ribbon
- hot glue gun and glue sticks
- pin back
- Cut ribbon into 4 equal size pieces that are 3 inches long.
- Fold one piece in half, pressing firmly at the fold to create a crease.
- Apply a dot of glue in the fold and press the two sides together. Hold for a few seconds until glue dries.
- Hold the ribbon with the fold pointing downward. Pull the two ends around and overlap them, creating a heart shape. Apply a dot of glue to hold in place. Repeat with two more pieces.
- Now you have 3 shamrock petals. To create the stem, fold the fourth piece in half and pressing firmly at the fold to create a crease as you did for each petal. Apply a dot of glue between the two ends and press together. Hold for a few seconds until glue dries.
- The folded end will become the bottom of the stem. Begin gluing each petal to the stem. Start with the center petal, then add each side petal.
- Glue a rhinestone to the center. Flip the shamrock over and glue on a pin back.
By Rachel's Mom from Wilkesboro, NC
CommentsRead More Comments
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2020 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.