Decorating with Shamrocks

Foam Shamrock Decor Ideas - attach the piece of the Velcro with the stick on backing
Shamrocks are used to symbolize Ireland and are a popular decoration around St. Patrick's Day. This is a page about decorating with shamrocks.

There are so many decorating ideas for St. Patrick's Day. One of my favorite things to incorporate in every area, is the shamrock or clover! You can use pre-cut shapes or make your own out of green foam sheets. I chose shamrocks for this DIY project. They can be added to any flat surface, like cabinets and doors, to make your house more festive!

Total Time: 30 minutes

Yield: 25-30 foam shamrocks

Foam Shamrock Decor Ideas - shamrocks stuck to the front door

• soft and hard Velcro strips
  • scissors
  • pre-cut foam clover shapes
  • hot glue gun
  • foam sheets (shades of green)
  • pencil
Foam Shamrock Decor Ideas - supplies

1. I purchased some pre-cut shamrocks, but I needed more. To make extra, simply trace around one you already have, onto green foam sheets. Cut out all of them.
  2. Advertisement

3. Cut the soft and hard Velcro strips into small 3/4 inch squares. You'll need 1 hard and 1 soft piece per shamrock. Attach a soft piece to the back of each. I used a dot of hot glue to ensure the Velcro would stay on longer.
  4. Foam Shamrock Decor Ideas - glue a square of Velcro to the back of the shamrock
  5. Attach one piece of hard Velcro to each piece of soft. The sticky side of the hard pieces should be facing up, so you can stick them to the surface you are decorating.
  6. Foam Shamrock Decor Ideas - attach the piece of the Velcro with the stick on backing
  7. Now stick each shamrock where you are decorating! Press into the front of each to make sure the Velcro sticks to the surface. I decorated cabinets in the break room at work and my front door at home!
  8. Foam Shamrock Decor Ideas - shamrocks stuck to cabinets

Use clear contact paper and bits of tissue or crepe paper to make a shamrock window decoration for St. Patrick's Day or any time. This is a page about making a contact paper shamrock suncatcher.

A completed photo of a shamrock suncatcher made from clear contact paper.

Read More... Pin it! Was this helpful? Yes
Holidays and Parties St. Patrick's DayMarch 19, 2019
🎂
🎃
🌻