Other Uses for a Spice Rack

I have a spice rack that I don't use. can someone please give me an idea as to what i can use the wooden cabinet for? I also still have all the spice bottles. Any ideas on what I could use the cabinet for? It has 2 drawers on the bottom and three tiers of shelves.

Thank you,
Sherry from Dixie, West Virginia

Best Answer

Do you craft? You could store beads, buttons, and glitter in the bottles. Or, with the empty rack, you could store fabric squares for quilting projects. How about using the rack for storing coupons, clipped notices from the newspaper, random photos, filing your bills, etc.

Best Answer

I have a spice rack from the 60s that my mother gave me. I sanded it down and spray painted it white and put it into my "cottage style" bedroom to hold all my little collectibles and small pictures. I just love how it turned out and I like taking something old and giving it a new use.

Best Answer

I use my old spice rack to store all my sewing tools. Much more organized than anything else I have used.

Best Answer

I use one for keeping my fragrant oil bottles in. I also have another one that I use to put my pretty little perfume bottles in - the small expensive ones that you can buy at Christmas.

Cheers

Wendy

Best Answer

I use one to line up all of my fingernail polishes. It's the perfect size for them. Also, all the bottles of different types of glues for my crafts. I also have the bottles of puffy paint, and other fabric paints, and treatments there.

Do you have a collection of pills? If you have prescription or vitamin supplement pills around, that would be a good area to store them. Since vitamin supplements come in a variety of bottle sizes, you might take the spice bottles you still have, dump out the spices you no longer use and put your vitamin supplements in them. Label them so you know which bottle is holding what vitamin and alphabetize them in your new vitamin rack!

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR THAT GREAT IDEA. ACTUALLY, I DON'T TAKE A LOT OF MEDS OR VITAMINS. SO, COULD YOU PLEASE GIVE IT ANOTHER SHOT. I WOULD LIKE TO USE JUST THE CABINET ONLY. HOWEVER, I WILL CONSIDER ANY OTHER IDEAS YOU OFFER. THANKS SO MUCH FOR YOUR TIME AND IDEAS........HAVE A GOOD DAY!.......SHERRY

I use one in the garage to store nails, screws, washers, etc.

THANK YOU SO MUCH, PATRICIA, PAULA, EILEEN AND CRYSTAL. YOU ALL HAVE GREAT IDEAS. I TOO SEW AND COULD ALWAYS USE MORE STORAGE FOR MY SEWING NEEDS AND NOTIONS. I ALSO WANT TO PAINT MY CABINET, PAULA. IT IS A POWDER BLUE AT THIS TIME. MY SISTER USED IT IN HER KITCHEN AND IT IS DONE IN BLUE.....I'M NOT CRAZY ABOUT BLUE,...LOL....SO I WILL GIVE IT A NEW COAT OF SOME COLOR....NOT SURE YET.....SO KEEP THE SUGGESTIONS COMING!!...I'M GATHERING IDEAS FROM YOU ALL.... ....THANK YOU......SHERRY

THANK YOU WENDY, THAT IS ALSO A GREAT IDEA. I DO HAVE SEVERAL SMALL PERFUNE BOTTLES. I HAVE JUST RECENTLY STARTED COLLECTING THEM. SO THIS WOULD BE A GREAT PLACE TO DISPLAY THEM., INSTEAD OF ON MY DRESSER WHICH IS ALREADY OVER CROWDED.....LOL.....(WITH MY OTHER COLLECTIONS). I ALSO COLLECT THINGS WITH SMALL VICTORIAN ROSES ON THEM AND I HAVE THEM ALL OVER. I JUST CAN'T RESIST WHEN I SEE AN ITEM WITH ROSES......THANKS SO MUCH WENDY......KEEP THE IDEAS COMING EVERYONE......THANK YOU ALL.......HAVE A GOOD DAY........SHERRY

HELLO ALL, WELL, I FINALLY DECIDED TO USE THE CABINET AND SPICE BOTTLES....I'M PUTTING IT IN THE BATHROOM AND USING THE BOTTLES FOR BATH ITEMS LIKE SOAP GELS, BEADS, OILS AND POWDERS.....I'M SPRAY PAINTING IT A SAND COLOR TO MATCH MY WALLPAPER THAT HAS SEASHELLS ON IT. I WILL EITHER HOT GLUE SEASHELLS ON IT OR A SMALL FLOWER SWAG....NOT SURE YET....I WILL USE THE DRAWERS FOR NAIL CLIPPERS, NAIL FILES, ETC........THANKS SO MUCH FOR YOUR GREAT IDEAS.....I REALLY APPRECIATE IT....HAVE A GOOD DAY.......SHERRY

I'm glad we all were able to help you, Sherry! Have fun with your new project!!

~Crystal Ball~

HELLO ALL. WELL, I NEED YOUR HELP AGAIN. I HAVE A GEL FIREPLACE THAT USES CANS OF GEL FUEL. I WANT TO MAKE FAUX LOGS TO SET BESIDE IT IN A FIREWOOD BASKET. ANY IDEAS ON HOW TO GO ABOUT MAKING THE LOGS LOOK LIKE REAL WOOD AND WHAT TO MAKE THEM OUT OF. I'M TRING ROLLING UP NEWSPAPERS AND PAINTING THEM A WOOD COLOR. WHAT COLOR SHOULD I PAINT THEM. (SPRAY PAINT). ANY BETTER IDEAS OTHER THAN NEWSPAPERS? NOT SURE HOW THESE WILL TURN OUT.........THANK YOU .........HAVE A GOOD DAY...........SHERRY

My oldest sister years ago,collected mini bottles.(booze) She would not open them,said the seal could not be broken.I was never sure, about the seal thing.She hung them in the kitchen,it looked like that was where they belonged.She rented alittle house,with every little money.It was a cute way to put something on the walls,and show off her bottles.She said if she every had money enough to have a mini bar, she would hang them behind it.

I put baking sprinkles in mine, looks prettier than old spices.

Spice rack with magnetic canisters.
Other Uses for Spice Racks
Mounting a Spice Rack on Your Wall, Spice rack hanging on a wall.
Mounting a Spice Rack on Your Wall
Uses for a Magazine Rack
Uses for a Magazine Rack
Dish Drying Rack
Uses for a Dish Drying Rack
Spice Rack
Starter Spice Rack Suggestions
🎉
🎄