Training Fruit Trees to Form Hedges

When visiting apple orchards in Tasmania I noted that the trees are trained to form 'hedges'. Please advise where I may learn more on this technique and limitations for other fruit trees, if possible?

Ken

Answers

To celebrate the new year we are giving away $200 in Amazon gift cards for people who answer questions on ThriftyFun in January! Click here to find out more...

I have seen this in Mother Earth magazine, and I believe they have good instructions on their website, possibly in the archives. It's a wonderful technique I'd love to try myself, once I own my own land. It is attractive, and can really save a lot of space. If Mother doesn't have complete instructions, they will probably have recommendations for other sources of information.

Home and Garden Gardening Fruit TreesJanuary 10, 2011
Closeup of Gray Squirrel
Keeping Squirrels Out of Fruit Trees
Hedge
Removing Hedges
Peach pits and fruit on white background.
Growing Peach Trees from Pits
Up close photo of a Mimosa tree.
Growing Mimosa Trees
🍀
💘
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on January 15, 2017 at 12:55:17 PM on 10.0.1.211 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.