Homemade Dishwasher Detergent

I need a recipe for homemade dish washing detergent for the dishwashing machine.

By Scott from Adelaide, Australia

Recent AnswersAnswer this Question

By SarahJB 05/19/2011

I'm a little late on this but hoped to have helpful advice. I found earlier this week you could use baking soda + a few drops of dish soap and immediately began doing so.

We use cheapo Ajax and my dishes have come out the cleanest they have since we moved into our apartment. Our dishwasher is probably as old as I am and the baking soda/soap is working wonders so far. I'm 3 loads in and loving it.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes No

By Kate31 05/25/2011

It is never too late! My "natural" store bought dishwasher, which comes in those little packs you throw whole into the dispenser, do not work. At all - on any load, no matter how many I tried. I realized I have to re-wash everything. Decided to try to make my own, Googled straight to your post - and I am off to the kitchen to try your recipe. Thanks!

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes No

By Laura 07/19/2011

Hey wfulps, how about bleach and a drop of Dawn? Should be the best of both worlds without harmful reactions.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes No