Storing Tools in an Apartment

Any ideas on where/how to store "garage type" items (tools, drills, staple gun, spackle, electrical supplies,etc) when you live in an apartment and have no garage?

Becky from Lomita, CA

We repurposed an old dresser set. We took the long dresser and turned it into our entertainment center by knocking out the bottom shelves and giving it a new paint job. The taller dresser stores our tools and hobby supplies, and on the top of it rests our stereo. You'd never know that inside holds a sander, hammer, etc. The dresser set cost us about a hundred bucks total with paint, but watch at yard sales if you can.

I used to store ours in our downstairs half-bath when we lived in a townhouse type apartment. The only other thing I had stored in the cabinet under the sink was extra toilet paper, toilet bowl cleaner, paper towels, and windex since all our other bathroom stuff was in the full bath upstairs so there was plenty of room for a couple of storage bins with garage stuff.

I have my small tools (hammer, pliers, etc.) in a fishing tackle box in a closet. I keep the larger tools in a large plastic box.

You can get a nice looking trunk, old or new and use it for a coffee table, or place it at the end of the bed or under a window for a window seat. : )

Organizing ToolsJanuary 25, 2007
Composting
Composting in an Apartment
An street with an "Apartment For Rent" sign.
Renting an Apartment
Trowel and Garden Gloves
Buying Garden Tools
Garden Tools in Basket
Maintaining Garden Tools
🎄