Upright Storage for Long-handled Tools

Category Tools
Long handled tools, such as garden tools and others can be difficult to store without them constantly falling over. One solution involves a plastic planter and tomato cages. This page offers a solution for upright storage for long-handled tools.

I had a large plastic container (from a plant) that was good size, but not tall enough to store items with long handles. To keep them upright and neat (and to help keep them from falling over) I had the idea to use tomato cages that I had lying around. I used two together for strength, stuck them down in the pot, and began to load all the long handled items. The rings of the tomato cage keeps them together and upright. Works very well and an inexpensive DIY to keep your garage, shed, or craft shop organized. You could remove the long "stems" of the cages, but I left them attached.

Anonymous

Great idea

Thank you! I don't know why it didn't come to mind years ago!

Anonymous

You're welcome. LOL, I thought the same thing!

This seems like a very good solution as long handled work tools are always falling unless you have space for one of those wall units with clamps.

Thanks for posting as I know someone who can use this suggestion.

Organizing ToolsSeptember 5, 2019
📓
🌻
🎂