Using a Mailbox for Storing Garden Tools

1
Share
Save
Follow
Print

Painted garden mailbox.Hand painted decorated mailbox for storing hand garden tools and garden gloves outside.

Approximate Time: 2 1/2 hours

Instructions:

We recently put up a new mailbox and I wanted to recycle the old box. I spray painted the box black. Then I free hand painted flowers, etc. on the box sides, front, and back.

I then stenciled "Sherrye's Garden Tools" on the top. I then sprayed the box with polyethylene to make it weather resistant as it will be sitting on the back porch.

I already had all the supplies on hand so it only cost me my time. I will put my hand garden tools, etc. and my garden gloves in the box.

I think it turned out really cute. It only took me a couple of hours and it was fun. Side view of painted flowers.

View of trees painted on one end.

By Sherrye from GA

3 More Solutions

I probably saw this in a magazine, but a good way to use an old mailbox is to keep it on a post in your garden, and put your small hand tools, seeds, gloves, etc. inside of it for convenience.

Mailbox in garden to keep gardening tools handy and dry. And it's cute

Click to read more ideas from older posts on ThriftyFun.
In These Pages
Crafts Garden & YardJuly 12, 2014
🌻
🎆
😎
https://www.thriftyfun.com/tf94759637.tip.html