Poll: Are produce prices higher than normal in your area?

Today's poll asks: Are produce prices higher than normal in your area?

Feel free to post feedback about this poll below.

I'm glad you asked this question for today's poll. I thought it was just me! Produce here in the Atlanta area is sky high right now. I just paid $1 for one cucumber...I know, I'm nuts, but I really like them!

Yes, it has been higher all summer. And lots of the produce has been poor quality. Thank goodness we have a garden space, and had all the cukes we wanted and gave many away to friends. Also had home grown cabbage, tomatoes, green beans, green onions, and okra. Early sweet corn was reasonable, and very good, but midsummer corn was awful, and 50 cents an ear!

I am already planning next year's garden.

I also am experimenting with winter squashes...Acorn and Butternut which I planted in Sept. They are just starting to bloom. I am hand pollinating because the bees are not as plentiful this time of year. May lose them to frost before they are ready, but last year we didn't have a hard killing frost until almost Christmas, so just taking a gamble!

Harlean from Arkansas

They are high in Maine. I just paid 2.00 for a head of iceburg lettuce and 1.29 for a cucumber at Hannafords yesterday.

A girl holding a basket full of vegetables.
Sharing Garden Produce
Closeup of hen and chicks.
Choosing the Right Groundcover
Heart of a pink rose.
Growing Roses in a Tropical Climate
Downward photo of an area rug in a lobby
Cleaning Area Rugs
🎉
🎄