Keeping Shoelaces Tied

Years ago my cousin showed me a way to keep my shoes tied while on the trike. They told me to tuck the laces in the laced up part on the top of my shoes. Now you do have to make sure the laces are long enough to do this with. I still do this and haven't had any trouble with it. I hardly ever tie or untie my shoes anymore.

By bentcrazy39 from Springfield. OH

Hmm. Now next time I put on my shoes, I'll have to check to see if the laces are long enough to tuck in! Thanks for the idea and thumbs up!

Thanks for the good tip! I'm a teacher's aide to a Kindergarten class, and I will start doing this with all the shoes I retie every day. ;o)

Here's another, this is a double tie. Tie as usual, then take the bows (one in each hand) and loop them inside each other and pull into a knot. Hard to describe, but simple to do, and once you get the hang of it, they stay tied! I'm 70 and my mother had me do this when I was learning to tie my shoes. I taught my kids and all the kids I had in daycare. It's great!

I was working next door to a shoemakers shop. One day, I was complaining to Joe (the Shoemaker) that my new sneakers kept coming untied. These shoes had roundish, nylon shoelaces and my standard shoelace knot that I had been taught as a child was not staying tight at all with these new laces.