Reusing Juice Concentrate Bottles

Langer's Juice now makes orange Juice concentrate in a plastic container with a screw on cap. I am refilling the empty ones with water or juice and freezing them for my baby's bottle bag, or lunch bags. They fit easily (almost 12 oz) and you are able to drink out of them while the juice/water melts. Also I am thinking of using them for small craft items and office supplies.

By Kelly from Willamina, OR

great idea, never thought of that, thank-you, now i know the possibilities are endless for recycling these, another idea, barbie accessories, (shoes, etc.)

I have heard from several sources that freezing water in plastic bottles has been found to release toxins into the water as it melts. This can lead to cancer. I used to freeze water bottles all the time so that I could take them with me while running errands and always have cold water--but no more!

Becky Thankyou for telling us this. Having read the tip that an empty-ish freezer uses more electric Ive just filled some large empty plastic milk containers with water & stashed in freezer..also with intention of using when the water supply is next off.

Cheers , now I know not to. Much appreciated

I got that study in my RealAge tips newsletter....I use it once for freezing, then recycle them or use them for non-ingestive uses (like storing items). I figure if it is an emergency, I'd rather take my chances!

Frozen Juice Containers on White Background
Reusing Frozen Juice Containers
Better Living Green Living ReusingJanuary 23, 2006
Crafts Using FrozenJuice Concentrate Lids
Crafts Using Frozen Juice Concentrate Lids
Old Perfume Bottle
Uses for Old Perfume Bottles
Grape juice that is splashing out of the cup.
Removing Grape Juice Stains from a Tablecloth
A glass of orange juice.
Saving Money on Juice