Keeping Your Cell Phone Handy

I get around in a motorized wheel chair and have my purse on the footrest between my feet when I go out. If my cell phone would ring, the call would be gone by the time I got it out of my purse usually. At my sister's suggestion, I crocheted a case to fit around the phone. My granddaughter crocheted a chain for it. I attached her chain and wear it around my neck whenever I am not at home. I have had many compliments on such a good idea.

By Linda from Bloomington, Illinois

This is fine, but don't let it be near your heart when it rings. I've heard that it can interact with your heart. Not a good thing.

This isn't about the cell phone, but you said that you put your purse between your feet on the foot rest. Aren't you afraid that someone will grab it? I don't know how big of a purse it is, but why don't you either have it over your shoulder or in your lap?

I crochet phone purses. Here is a pic of some of them. I'd love to see a picture of yours that you made.

Cell phones do not interfere with your heart. That is just ridiculous. Now if you have a pacemaker, that's another story. I don't know the answer to that so won't comment. Anyone who has any type of heart implant should check with their doctor. But cell phones do not interfere at all with a normal healthy heart.

So, that being said, this is a very good idea. I can only imagine how frustrating it was for you before doing this. Good for you! I'm sure many people will make use of this tip!

Another suggestion. Someone mentioned aren't you afraid someone will grab your purse, too. Got me to thinking. Why don't you crochet a bag to go on the arm of your chair to hold your purse? You could make the handle for the bag go around the arm in such a way that it could not be removed, and attached on the inside/chair side of the arm so that you could remove it for washing, etc. And you could make it to fit your purse.

Keeping it between your legs like that would be dangerous now that I think of it. Some one could grab it, or it could fall, and then you would have to be leaning way over to pick it and/or everything up off the floor. By having it on the arm of your chair it is handier and safer for you.

Just be careful if you have a pacemaker! My husbands cardiologist said to never put phone in pocket or area near his pacemaker.

I hear you should avoid wearing your cell phone, as in keeping it in close contact to shirts, pants and such; things that are against your skin.

Keeping Track Of Your Cell Phone, Lost iPhone in Grass
Keeping Track Of Your Cell Phone
Organizing MiscellaneousApril 6, 2006
Pink Silicone Cell Phone Case
Cleaning a Silicone Cell Phone Case
striped knit sock like phone pouch
Making a Cell Phone Holder
A man looking at his cell phone.
Blocking Calls on a Cell Phone
Cell Phone User Making call with Card
Saving Money on Phone Cards