3 Year Old With Sleeping Problems

We are moving in two weeks and my son is three and half. He has a very difficult time sleeping, getting out of bed, wanting to sleep with us. Any suggestions to make the transition easier? He adapts very easily to new situations but night time is tough for him. Thanks

Mindy

I had this problem with two children at the same time. My ex was in the military and they boys didn't want to sleep by themselves - ever! When daddy came home we each took one of ours sons to their beds and laid down with them until they fell alseep. The first couple of night was rough but after that there was never a problem. My boys are all grown up now 21 & 23.

I, too, had the same problem - but my son shared a bedroom w/ his older brother and was put to bed a little earlier than him, so it wasn't a fear or lonely thing. If he woke, he just wanted to get up no matter what time! I would find him on the couch, in the kitchen, once on the bathroom rug! (Asleep again, of course.) At 3, he wasn't expressive enough to tell me why, but he wasn't maladjusted or upset or anything like that.

I picked up various little trinkets, toys, books, etc. (think dollar store) & made a "grab box". If he stayed in bed (his) all night, he was allowed to reach in and take a prize. I made the box really decorative, and made such a morning ceremony of "grabbing" that it was something we all looked forward to. By the time the box was empty, the newness of it had worn off, and he was sleeping snugly in his own bed, no problem!

I know some of you will, of course, consider it bribery, but it worked. He's 23 now, and still remembers how "cool" that was.

I am a nurse working in ped's. I worked within a foster home once and that family put a small mattress or bed in their bed room...if a child felt they needed comforting they could get their hugs but needed to sleep in the little bed not in the adult bed....worked for them..afew nights there and the kids were back in their own bed...Penny

Our son is 3 and wants to sleep in mommy's bed. Our solution, we tell him if he sleeps in his bed 3 nights then he can have a "sleepover" on our floor the next night.

Parenting Toddler and Preschooler SleepMarch 13, 2008
13 year old gift ideas
Gift Ideas for a 13 Year Old Girl
Suitcase Dog Bed
Making a Suitcase Dog Bed
Yahoo Mail
Troubleshooting Problems with Yahoo Mail
Ring of old keys.
Uses for Old Keys
🎉
🎄