Making a Suitcase Dog Bed

I saw this on the Creative Home Arts Club site. It was too cute not to share.

Perfect for your on-the-go, fashion-forward pooch and charming enough to accent any room in your home, the suitcase dog bed is more than just a soft place for Spot to rest his head.

Recycle an old hard-sided suitcase or buy one that complements your decor. Change out the lining, paint or add printed or textured paper to the exterior, and you've got a piece of art that any dog can curl up with.

Create an even more customized look by using fun fabric to sew a pillow, a small blanket, and matching toys. Elevate the bed by adding four wooden block legs and have fun painting them to match your accents.

Stylish and functional, the suitcase dog bed is sure to attract more than just your dog's attention. Not a dog person? Try a smaller suitcase cat bed with a comfy cushion and matching catnip-stuffed toys for your feline friend. (Getting the cat to travel is a challenge for another day!)

Share this idea with a pet-loving friend and get ready to hit the road in style!

By Pico from St. Paul, Alberta

Editor's Note: Here is a link to the site:

Comment Pin it! Was this helpful? Yes

More Solutions

Once while packing for a trip, my dog got into the soft-sided suitcase and fell asleep. After I got back from the trip, I noticed that the zipper had broken so I went ahead and cut the top off and added a cotton-covered foam mattress.

Better Living Green Living ReusingFebruary 6, 2013
🎉
😷
https://www.thriftyfun.com/Making-a-Suitcase-Dog-Bed.html