Make quilted coasters from 4 1/4 inch fabric scraps.
Approximate Time: 30 minutes
- 5 4 1/2 inch scraps of material
- sewing machine
- if by hand, needle and thread
This can be done by hand or with a sewing machine.
- Cut five 4 1/2 inch scraps of material. (Three of one color and two of a contrasting color.)
- Lay one square right side up.
- Fold the four remaining squares in half.
- Pin two down with the fold to the center. (These pieces will meet at the center of the square.)
- The two remaining squares will be woven in with all four "squares" meeting in the center.
- Sew around the edge and turn inside out.
- Your glass stem will fit inside the center opening.
When you see your results, you will sigh. They are cute, but I'm not sure how good your guests will be at using a coaster! Cute or not.
By Tedebear from San Jose, CA
Read feedback for this post below.
Click here to post feedback.
Love these! I just sent this link to my step sister who is a quilter and hinted that I thought these would be a nice Christmas gift ;-)
Add your voice to the conversation.