Make quilted coasters from 4 1/4 inch fabric scraps.
Approximate Time: 30 minutes
- 5 4 1/2 inch scraps of material
- sewing machine
- if by hand, needle and thread
This can be done by hand or with a sewing machine.
- Cut five 4 1/2 inch scraps of material. (Three of one color and two of a contrasting color.)
- Lay one square right side up.
- Fold the four remaining squares in half.
- Pin two down with the fold to the center. (These pieces will meet at the center of the square.)
- The two remaining squares will be woven in with all four "squares" meeting in the center.
- Sew around the edge and turn inside out.
- Your glass stem will fit inside the center opening.
When you see your results, you will sigh. They are cute, but I'm not sure how good your guests will be at using a coaster! Cute or not.
By Tedebear from San Jose, CA
November 4, 20090 found this helpful
Love these! I just sent this link to my step sister who is a quilter and hinted that I thought these would be a nice Christmas gift ;-)
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!
In This Article
You are viewing the desktop version of this page: View Mobile Site
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by ThriftyFun
generated on December 2, 2016 at 1:28:30 PM on 10.0.2.158 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer
. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us