Painting a Window Screen

I am looking for thick paint that will adhere to a window screen. Any suggestions?

Meria from Starkville

Add sheetrock mud to the paint. It will thicken the paint and it will adhere to the screen better.

A frugal idea is likely to work: Go to a recycling center on Sat. afternoon to search for OLD paint. If enough, and exterior, practice on an old piece of

screen for the desired effect. If NOT enough, mix interior AND exterior OLD paints together, because it's the OLD that make them thick, as far as I have found. However, some paint is NOT thick because it

isn't THAT old, all of which can STILL be mixed together and used MOST successfully, unlike anything we've been told before. Now some paint companies are actually selling "mixed" paint for

both interior/exterior uses. IT WORKS BETTER THAN

SEPARATELY! And likely COSTS more, wouldn't you know?

I'd make certain that you've SCRUBBED that old screen with HOT water and TIDE detergent and apply

old thicker paint only when dry for about 24 hours!

(You remind me that I need to get my cracks filled/

covered and to paint the interior of my home. I hope to use all the curbside paint I've found, now that I have PLENTY, and use it so I don't have to store longer than necessary/lose it while keeping it in the garage.)

Good luck and God bless you in your adventure with

painting screens. : )

Home and Garden Home Improvement PaintingOctober 1, 2006
Window Screen
Removing Paint From a Door or Window Screen
A person cleaning a flat screen monitor with a cloth.
Cleaning a Flat Screen Monitor
A Sharpie marker with its lid off.
Removing Permanent Ink (Sharpie) from a Computer Screen
Repairing a Window Screen
Repairing a Window Screen