Autumn Leaf Print Placemats
Bring the beauty of fall indoors with these easy to make, leaf-printed placemats. The kids will have a ball making these.
Approximate Time Less than 1 hour
- construction paper
- acrylic paint
- paint brushes
- fresh leaves
- old toothbrush
- Collect some fresh leaves from trees in your yard. They won't crumble as easily as those found on the ground.
- Lightly paint the back of a leaf with acrylic paint, then press onto the construction paper.
- Add more than one color of paint to each leaf to resemble autumn leaves.
- Next, dip the end of an old toothbrush in some acrylic paint. Pull back on the end of the toothbrush with your thumb to spatter the paper with dots of paint. (You will probably want to do this outside or put the placemat inside a box to keep from spattering your clothes or counter top!)
- Ask each child to write his/her name on the corner of the placemat.
- Once dry, laminate with clear contact paper so they can be used over and over again.
By Mom of 1 from Wilkesboro, NC
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!
In This Guide
You are viewing the desktop version of this page: View Mobile Site
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by ThriftyFun
generated on March 25, 2017 at 9:25:53 AM on 10.0.0.166 in 1 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer
. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us