Washing Plastic Food Covers

Purchase the shower cap looking plastic covers for containers at the dollar store, to save on plastic wrap. When they are dirty I put them in a washing bag made for delicates and throw it in with my laundry. Lay them out to dry. It's much easier than washing the food out of the elastic. Shower caps work wonderful for those large dishes you have lost the lid for or cake pans.

By latrtatr from Loup City, NE

Excellent idea for washing these! Wish your tip would have been just one week sooner because I just gave mine away to a neighbor because of the hassle and water used to wash them by hand. LOL! Thumbs up and I'll definitely take your advice when I break down and replace them and at least I have one of those mesh bags, unused, in my stocking drawer! ;-)

I've been doing this for years! It is a real money saver too. :)

Think I need to try this. I usually slide a plate of leftovers into a plastic grocery bag and wrap the ends under, or put a saucer or bread plate on top of a bowl.

Home and Garden Cleaning KitchenApril 12, 2011
Pressure Washing a House
Pressure Washing Your House
Plastic Lid Photo Ornament
Uses for Plastic Lids
Closeup of African American Man with Dreadlocks
Washing Dreadlocks
metal burner covers
Uses for Burner Covers
🎄
🍂
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on November 16, 2016 at 4:17:08 PM on 10.0.0.107 in 978 msecs. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.