Recycled CraftsCrafts

Craft Ideas Using Sunglasses

I am looking for craft ideas that can be made with with sunglasses.

Alicia From Cleveland, Ohio

I saw a cute idea "somewhere" about using old sunglasses for picture frames. You could glue (decoupage???) small photos on the lens or I suppose you could use card stock in place of the lens. Now I'm not happy with myself for not saving that idea because I wanted to try it.

I have these in one of my craft books. You get old (or cheap) sunglasses, trace the lens size using a piece of tracing paper, and use the tracing as a pattern for cutting out the photo. You apply a thin layer of glue on the photo back and one onto the eyeglass lens, mount the picture and press from the middle out to avoid wrinkles and bubbles.

If the glasses are old and have no lenses:

You trace the frame shape onto a piece of posterboard, cut it out, mount a photo on it, and glue to the back of the glasses, making sure it's a little smaller so it won't stick out.

You can paste a pic on one lens and use dimensional paint to write on the other lens--"Prom" or "Summer Camp" or "3rd Birthday" or whatever. You can decorate with more dimensional paint, glue on beads, buttons, or whatever trinkets you like. I think these would be cute if you took off the side arms and glued magnets on to put on your fridge, but that's not necessary.