Transplanting Vegetable Plants into Larger Pots

My vegetable plants are too large for the pots I planted them in. How can I put them in a larger pot without killing them ? I have tomato, bell pepper, and squash.

By Bertha from Stone Mt., GA

As you may know if you buy plants to transplant they are about 6 inches tall. I don't know how tall your plants are, if they are not in bloom you might try digging a hole larger than the pot they are in. Then transplant the soil and plant, water them good every day till they are over the shock and when it's dry. Good luck.

You are going to stunt the growth by about 2 weeks in transplanting them, but becareful and have your pot big enough, soil prepared. Do not fertilize them doing this. Wait till you see a healthy growth happening.

Home and Garden Gardening ContainerMay 29, 2010
Potted plant that is too big for its pot.
Transferring Plants to Larger Pots
Dirty Pots and Pans
Cleaning Pots and Pans
Transplanting Amaryllis
Watering plants in a vegetable garden.
Troubleshooting Your Vegetable Garden