Looking for Cheap Flowers for Wedding Arrangements

I am in charge of doing the flower arrangements for the wedding of a friend of mine. The couple decided that they would prefer a really nice honeymoon over a really expensive wedding which seems like a great idea to me. At any rate, I am looking for some frugal ideas to get some flowers and supplies to do the centerpieces. I can put together the arrangements myself. Thanks, Angie

We just a posted an article that has a few ideas:

http://www.thriftyfun.com/tf162311.tip.html

If you have time to wait till Sept/Oct, We used this idea for a friends wedding - we asked everyone we knew to cut their hydranga flowers & give to us - when dried, they were sprayed colors to match the decor, cheap vases were all sprayed ivory - we had enough for large vases for 8 windows in the church & had extra left over for baskets - very inexpensive & impressive - still have mine 4 years later!

lovelylady from the Big Apple!

Michaels usually has a 50% off sale,

Fabric stores and dollar stores have cheap flowers as well

Talk to local funeral homes. People will willingly give their day old funeral flowers away and can be rearranged into a cheery wedding decor. Try not to focus on the dreery and remember that every ending has a new begining right behind it.

I don't know if any of you have ever heard of this one to for flowers,you buy them yourself and you make your own arrangments.You can go to www.freshroses.com they have more than roses! Hope this helps!!

How about asking all your friends and neighbors for potted plants to borrow buy the pretty wrap or make it for the pots and then do artificial if you don't have enough. I have done 3 weedings with other peoples ferns and really pretty flowers and it was a smash hit with everyone. I used to grow 20 large ferns and borrowed tables placed white sheets silk on them and beautiful. Hope this helps but really buying puts you in the hole with your money.

I used to do flowers and cakes for weddings and always tried to do it as inexpensively as possible. I got married last Jan 7, 2012 and I did all my own flowers....husband drew the line at the cake though. :)

I went to Sams Club and bought several dozen packages of white roses, some greenery, and while I was talking to the lady in their floral department about the wedding, she went to the back and GAVE me 2 doz mini calla lillies (which I had wanted to use but wasn't willing to pay the $25 per dozen) because the customer that ordered them had changed her mind.

For some of the arrangements at the front of the church, I bought silk roses, etc. that I bought at garage sales and thrift stores. They look the same as real from a distance, and no one ever knew the difference. Also looked on Craigs list for things that either people had used for their weddings, or had left over's from. My mom bought 200 clear voltive candle holders that we put around the church with white candles in them.

While I didn't make my own cake, I didn't want to spend $300+ on one either. I ordered 3 white cakes with basket weave design on them from Wal-Mart, when we got them to the church, I put fresh flowers and greenery on them. I had people (those that didn't know better) ask me how many hundreds I spent on the cake because not only did it taste great but matched the wedding party! :)

Weddings DecorationsApril 8, 2004
Cheap Date Ideas, Young Couple in the Park
Cheap Date Ideas
Growing your own wedding flowers.
Growing Your Own Wedding Flowers
A married couple in a moutain setting.
Ideas for a "Green" Wedding
Colorful Bridal Bouquets
Choosing Wedding Colors
🎉
🎄