Browsing: Buying a Used Car

Buying a Used Car

Buying a used car - don't overlook the private seller. I've bought two used cars, with 60,000 miles on them, paid $200 each time and drove them another 80,000 miles with no major repairs. They were not pretty cars, but very dependable transportation.

By Betty G.

Showing: Comments Sort: Relevance

Don't even consider buying a used car until you find out how much your current car is valued. You can do this by going to the Kelly Blue Book website and it's free to find out. So if you decide to trade in your car you know what it's worth and you'll be able to find out how much you should really be paying for your new car as well. Talk to the dealer and have them give you all the information on the car IN WRITING, so you can check it out online and they can't jack up the price on you later.

I've had success in the past buying cars from individuals. I found it useful to observe how the person conducted him or herself, and how they maintained their home. It gives you some insight into the care the car has had. Another thing to look for is whether they offer you their records on maintenance and oil changes, etc. The cars I bought were older and relatively inexpensive but I was able to get a sense they'd been well cared for, and they served me well.

used car dealership
Buying a Used Car
Consumer Advice Cars CarsNovember 19, 2004
Saving Money on Car Rentals, Neon Car Rental Sign
Saving Money on Car Rentals
Finding an Inexpensive Car, Blue Volkswagon Beetle parked by a building.
Finding an Inexpensive Car
Buying a Cheap Car for First Time Driver, For Sale sign in Window of Used Car
Buying a Cheap Car for First Time Driver
Man Cleaning Car Interior
Cleaning Your Car's Interior
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on August 24, 2016 at 4:45:03 AM on 10.0.1.249 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.