Learning to Knit

I want to learn to knit. I don't know anything about it. Can someone give me really easy instructions? Thank you.

Jamish from Tribune, KS

I recently learned to knit by using a how-to book from Hobby Lobby and the website Knittinghelp.com The website has videos that really helped me out when I couldn't follow diagrams from the book. I really didn't think I could learn on my own, but this website is awesome, I really recommend it!

Jamish, there are lots of good website you can learn from, just find one that you can understand clearly. Good luck.

I can crochet but never could knit until I bought some knitting looms. They are so much fun & easy to do, it looks just like needle knitting. Google knitting looms & try it.

I just took up knitting too and it's awesome! I got books at the library and then scanned the pages onto my computer that were most helpful so I could refer to them later. You should also google how to knit and you'll find tons of websites with videos or try searching for videos on youtube. You can press pause and do it over and over and over until you get it right. I also googled knitting guilds/circles in my local town and then contacted the local chapter to ask if they had classes or meetings I could attend. They were very welcoming and offered to help me any time I came by! Let me warn you, once you get started you'll be addicted. Oh, you can also contact your local craft or yarn store store and see if they know anyone who teaches classes. I get most of my yarn from thrift stores for 50 cents!

Happy knitting!

-lee in FL

check out this site. There are videos showing the different steps in knitting.

Hi, Jamish! I'm learning to knit, too. I just got the book "Kids Learn to Knit" by Lucinda Guy and Francois Hall. It might sound silly to use a book for children, but it works! The illustrations and instructions are very clear.

I now know how to cast on, knit, purl, and bind off. Next, I will learn how to increase and decrease. We went on a quick trip out of town for a few days, and I knit myself a cotton washcloth. Yay!

Best of luck with the knitting!

Check out the website www.knittinghelp.com. Amy has videos, tips, and there are forums where everyone will help you with any problem you have. Great to have a new knitter...the more, the merrier.

Learning to Knit
Learning to Knit
Crafts KnittingMarch 10, 2009
A woman shopping.
What is Travel Knit Fabric?
Knitted Afghan
Making a Knitted Afghan
Learning How to Bowl, Mother and Daughter at Bowling Alley
Learning How to Bowl
Knit Sweater Patterns
Knit Sweater Patterns