Removing Sticky Grease Residue from Pans

What products/chemicals can be used to remove peanut oil from the cooking containers and utensils? When we deep fry over open burners there is a gummy substance on the outside of the pans that is hard to get off. Any suggestions?

By Alan from Suwanee, GA

Best Answer

Simple Green. It's a spray cleaner/de-greaser found in the automotive & sometimes household cleaner section of the store. You will be amazed at how fast that stuff works! You spray it on & you don't even have to let it sit or scrub very hard, it just melts the dirt & oil!

I discovered this on my old Revereware tea kettle that sits on the stove all the time & no matter how I scrubbed it or what I used on it, I never could get all the gunk & black stuff off. It was so dark, discolored & ugly, that I was at my wits end & was going to throw it away,then I decided to try the Simple Green cause I use it on everything else anyway. It blew me away how well it worked, it looks like I have a brand new kettle & I didn't have to hurt my hand (I have arthritis & carpal tunnel) scrubbing, just lightly scrubbed with a regular pot scrubber & all was gone!

Best Answer

Dawn Power Dissolver. We used this at our business but you can find it in some stores too.

If the pans are stainless steel, easy off oven cleaner will clean them.

Woman cleaning greasy frying pan.
Home and Garden Cleaning DishesNovember 2, 2010
Mirror
Cleaning Sticky Residue from a Mirror
Cooking with cast iron pans.
Cooking With Cast Iron Pans
Leather Jacket
Removing Sticky Residue from Name Tag on Leather Jacket
Antique Wood Furniture with Sticky Film
Cleaning Wood Furniture With a Sticky Film
🎉
🎄