Advice For Dealing With a Frizzy Mohawk

I have really thick and frizzy hair. I recently cut it into a mohawk but hairspray, gels glues don't work for me I need something that will hold good for a longtime. Any hints? Thanks.

Ariel from San Diego, CA

To celebrate the new year we are giving away $200 in Amazon gift cards for people who answer questions on ThriftyFun in January! Click here to find out more...

I bet if you get on line you will find a 'recipe' for holding your hair.

It seems that once I heard of a recipe to hold hair with unflavored gelatin.

How long is your hair?

Have you tried Sally Beauty (they also have a site) to see what kind of professional products they have?

Good luck - I'd like to know what works for you!

Is your hair long enough for the Sanjaya mohawk? I think that was a series of tiny pony tails.

Elmers glue is what people here use.

I saw a product in the store called (x brand) putty, for anchoring roots so hair stays lifted. It was thick like school paste or something. Try that? I wanted super-straight hair years ago, and now I find I'm sanest and happiest when I cooperate with the kind of hair I have. Good luck.

I am old school. and we used bar soap in the 80 and it makes a unbreakable hawk. You wet the hair and rub the bar on the hair it becomes very stiff and spikey. You can use a hair dryer to speed the drying process. And easy to wash out.

Try egg whites.

My American girl doll Nicky has wackco frizzy hair but nothing works. But when I got hot water then put it in bucket then socked her hair then put some conditioner in then dried it it was a hole new girl without frizzy hair! But when it gets frizzy again do it all over!

Health & Beauty Beauty Hair Tips Frizzy HairSeptember 13, 2007
Man With Spiked Mohawk in a Suit and Tie
Spiking a Mohawk
Fixing Frizzy Doll Hair
Fixing Frizzy Doll Hair
Beautiful woman with frizzy hair looking at her comb, with a pained expression
Remedies for Frizzy Hair
Man with a mohawk.
Sleeping With a Mohawk Haircut
🍀
💘
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on January 16, 2017 at 8:46:27 AM on 10.0.1.21 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.