Sleeping With a Mohawk Haircut

Category Tips
Keeping your mohawk styled for a time means you will need to sleep with it. This can be done fairly easily. This is a guide about sleeping with a mohawk.

How do I keep my mohawk from getting smashed everytime I sleep so I dont have to do it every morning!

Mychal

Answers

By Debbie (Guest Post)

That's one tough question, which I don't know the answer to. But it's fun to brainstorm; let's see if I come up with anything that sounds good to you.

I've heard that some snorers wear a tight shirt to bed with a tennis ball stuffed into it between their shoulder blades. This makes it uncomfortable for them to sleep on their backs, which is the position that causes them to snore the most loudly. Maybe some variant of this would work for your purposes. Tape a ping-pong ball on the side of your head so when you try to roll over, it's uncomfortable and you decide not to?

Maybe you can learn to sleep sitting up, with your knees up, and leaned forward against your knees, like the elephant man. (If you don't know what I'm talking about, you can see it in the movie "The Elephant Man," which is a pretty interesting movie.) Or find a way to prop yourself up with pillows so you still have plenty of room for your hair behind you, like sticking into a bookcase headboard.

I doubt you have a massage chair in your house, but don't those guys have something where you can lie on your stomach with your face straight down because there's a hole for your face so you don't smash your nose? Maybe you could find a used one cheap and learn to sleep on that.

I'm trying to imagine some sort of helmet you could wear with a big space for your mohawk, but that's not so easy!

Maybe a better way to approach the problem would be to look into quicker ways to do your hair, or to figure out a way to help yourself wake up earlier in the morning.

Good luck!

By jack (Guest Post)

I have a 'hawk and it seems to work best for me to either sleep on my side or on my stomach with my head to the side so that I'm not eating mattress. (something like this: http://necrophi  /cdefiant001.jpg)

I've also heard that if you use Knox to put your 'hawk up, it'll stand up the next day even if you sleep on it.

Hm.. See, you may have to "train" yourself into sleeping in a comfortable way. Like I did when I had my lip piercing, I trained myself to sleep on the side where my parents couldnt see it. You should try that, it may take a week or two. But eventually get the hang of it.

By (Guest Post)

I use G2b glued spiking freeze spray it works the best to get your Mohawk standing, and the next day you will only need to touch up with the spiking freeze spray.

By JJ (Guest Post)

I have been using glue and gel for awhile. Sleeping is no problem..I can go for four or five days without touching it up. I just sleep on my side. Sometimes I turn in the middle of the night and the back is a little smashed when I wake up. When that happens I coat the spot in gel again and blow dry it back into place. The only problem with using elmer's glue is that it flakes off..so some may give you trouble about your "dandruff" But it doesn't bother me. I have just recently started using got2b glued freeze spray and that works wonders.

When you use hairspray.. your mohawk always looks more uniform. With gel it separates into pieces. Both looks are good. It all depends on the person. If you use beeswax (good for shorter mohawks...5 inches or smaller) then you can brush it down and wear a beanie( a little messy) and just sculpt it back into place when you wake up. Beeswax is pretty hard to wash out though..so be ready to make a commitment to it. And with beeswax you can resculpt many times throughout the day.

By Jesse (Guest Post)

I Used Wax For Along Time And You Can Get It Out Very Easily, Just Use Peanut Butter On Your Hair In The Shower, (It May Be Alittle Messy) But Actually It Feels Like You Conditioned Your Hair.

By hunter-ann (Guest Post)

Sleep on your side,
you can't keep it up forever
I use Aqua-net
it may get a lil messed up when i slumber

but just fix it back up
mohawk's are work, deal with it

By an obsessive green day fan (Guest Post)

hey, im about 15 and ive got hair that is about 12 inches long,and really fine,what product is best for making a mohawk/spikeball??PLEASE HELP ME!

What do you wrap your hair up with when go to sleep and how?

By Michael.R