Doorway Drapings

Any type of fabric can be used to drape door and entry ways. The pictured doorway is draped with two red tablecloths and one turquoise shower curtain. A staple gun was used to secure the fabric in place. These types of fabrics can be found at Goodwill and thrift stores for next to nothing!

By April from Albany, GA

I done a more simple version of this and it does make a nice accent for a room.

I like your idea. I was thinking of doing something similar as my dining room does not have a door. I want to do it simple but do not want to staple it in place. Any suggestions on what else I can use to hang them with? I was thinking of maybe a curtain rod or?

Try using a tension rod. They can be bought in different sizes to hold more weight and varying lengths.

Home and Garden Home Improvement Decorating CurtainsJuly 15, 2009
Building an Awning
Building an Awning
Hardwood Threshold
Creating a Hardwood Threshold