Carry a Clothing Color Chart When Shopping

Returning clothing you have purchased is a hassle no one wants to have to deal with. I hate when I buy something and it doesn't match, or I pass up an item on sale because I didn't remember I had a new skirt it would have been perfect for until I got back home.

Thinking back to years ago and a color chart I had carried in my purse, I converted last year's purse calendar (the kind that is about the size of a checkbook with a plastic cover) to a wardrobe inventory book.

Labeling each page with Tops, Bottoms, Outerwear, Shoes, etc., I snipped very tiny snippets of fabric from seam allowances, etc. of all my skirts, blouses, jackets and dresses and pasted them into the pages alongside a short description of each item.

Now when I shop, I can flip open my book to see what I already have (so I don't buy items I don't need) and find the perfect match for every garment. No more returning items because I got them home and they didn't match!

By texasauthor1 from Dallas, TX

Wonderful idea! Especially with shades of navy, black, brown that can be tricky. You think the pants with match the sweater...but. Thanks so much!

That is a wonderful idea! I am going to make one for the kids!

Woman Shopping For Clothing
Shopping For Clothing
Organizing ShoppingMarch 1, 2010
framed felt and floss color chart
Making an Embroidery Floss and Felt Color Code Chart
Growth Chart
Making a Growth Chart for Your Kids
Making a Chore Chart for Children
Making a Chore Chart for Children
Close-up of a pair of jeans with a measuring tape curled on top and through the belt loop against a wooden background
Buying Pants Without Trying Them On
🎄