21st Birthday Party Ideas

It's my daughter's 21st in May. I would like to give her a party at home for about 25 people. The weather is usually OK at this time so I can open up to the little garden we have and summerhouse. She is so looking forward to it and I would like to make it special even though we are on a budget. I need ideas for decor and food. Many thanks to anyone out there who can help.

By Dee from Corby, Northants

Answers

If you have a trellis or beams, wrap white lights with tulle fabric. Place flowers/Plants in large pots with spots. White table cloths/sheets with one floating flower as a center piece. Hanging mirrors on walls will give the effect of a larger space and reflect the light. If this sounds to girlish for you. You can always change out the colors. Use his favorite sport or hobby as a center piece or college major. Such as a glove and a ball, Art, photography, maps sticking out of a mound of dirt. Just the idea of you putting an effort into there day will put a smile on there face. They say they didn't want the fuss, but 21 is a big deal.

January 24, 2011 Flag

I need ideas for a 21st birthday party for my son that is in college. Since he's at college, he doesn't have a lot of close friends at home, and already said that he doesn't want a party. Taking him out to dinner seems like a poor way of celebrating a 21st birthday. Any ideas? Also, any gift ideas?

By Bella from Forks, WA

Answers:

21st Birthday Party Ideas

I'm 22 when I turned 21 I went out with my closest friends and they bought me my first alcoholic drink at Red Lobster. We all took pictures together. I had a great time I didn't drink that much I just had a sip. I drank water, I hate alcohol. Anyways, it was special they were my close friends, people that had been in my life through hard times instead of some big party with people I barely new. (04/08/2010)

By little_red87

21st Birthday Party Ideas

If your son doesn't want a party then I'd respect his wishes. Have a simple cake and ice cream when he comes home. Instead of a party do this present.

For a few special 21 year-olds I give them $76.65 and a little extra, explanation later. I ask them to tell me what the significance of the amount is. I've never had anyone guess (who wasn't a family member) the significance.

It's a penny for each day (7,665) since they've been born. You'll need to add some pennies for the number of leap years, but it's worth it. (04/09/2010)

By Frazzled Leslie

21st Birthday Party Ideas

This is an idea that I used when 4 of my 5 kids turned 21. I didn't think of it till the 2nd child's 21st bday. Get 21 pennies, 21 nickels, 21 dimes, 21 quarters, and if you can afford it, 21 half dollars and possibly even silver dollars, too. Wrap each coin in foil, or tape each coin individually on the inside of a box, top, bottom, sides, etc. For my brother's 50th wedding anniversary, I got a deep gold gift bag, gold 'Easter grass', and gold foil. I wrapped 50 silver dollars individually in the gold foil, put them and the gold grass into the sack a little of each at a time. They had to go through the whole bag to find all the coins, then unwrap them to use them. (04/09/2010)

By knitter926

21st Birthday Party Ideas

If he doesn't want a big party, there is no reason you couldn't do something fun and (depending on whether you/he wants to imbibe in alcoholic beverages) include some beers or some other fun drink. Ideas, a small golf outing with a clubhouse dinner or lunch after. A paint ball outing with a few friends. A rock climbing party and drinks/dinner after at a local place. A one-night camping trip someplace beautiful. Rent an RV and go somewhere! I'm thinking something active and fun, something he wouldn't get to do every day. (04/10/2010)

By TeaTree

21st Birthday Party Ideas

I understand that you love your son and want to celebrate this special occasion with him, but this is a birthday when it's best for parents to step aside and allow them to celebrate with their friends. You can take him out to dinner or do something with him, of course. Just allow him to plan the celebration and go where he wants later with friends of his choice and no parents. He is now an adult and deserves to have his wishes of 'no party' respected. (04/10/2010)

By susanmajp

Holidays and Parties Parties BirthdayJanuary 24, 2011
Bicycle Themed Birthday Party
Bicycle Themed Birthday Party Ideas
12th Birthday Party
12th Birthday Party Ideas for Boys
A plate of sushi at a Japanese themed birthday party.
Japanese Themed Birthday Party Ideas
Red Carpet
Red Carpet Themed Birthday Party Ideas
🎉
🎄