OtherPhotos

Donate Usable Yard Sale Leftovers

Most of us "thrifty people" have yard sales occasionally. We usually have in the contents of our sale, items that we no longer use or want. After a sale there are always items that didn't sell.

Let's all remember the less fortunate and donate our leftover items. Most community churches will accept donations to help victims of fire, flood, etc.

Speaking as a tornado victim, I know firsthand how the smallest things, such as toys for a child, or clothing for the elderly are appreciated. When a family loses everything, there will be not one item that goes to waste.

By vguy from Earle, AR

VERY well said. Keep that train of thought and hopefully more people will follow your lead.

We always take whatever is left over from our yard sales to a local thrift shop! And remember that shopping at a charity thrift shop, you are not only getting good deals, but you are also contributing to that charity, so it can carry on its good works - so you are profiting twice.

Anonymous

Bravo!

You could also advertise it on Freecycle. It's a great way to get rid of stuff and not have to leave home to bring it anywhere. You can always state that non profits have first dibs!

Grandma Jan & Kato the Wonder Dog

I plan to offer my leftovers to Freecyclers! Let's try to keep things out of the landfills!

And thanks to Grandma Jan's reply for the idea to state that non-profits get first dibs!

I totally agree. We do need to help the less fortunate because my family and I have been some of those people after losing my job.

Just make sure you know where the donations go and how much goes to the needy. Some of those places put the stuff in a resale shop and the money never goes to the needy.