Dishwasher Utensil Basket for Scrapbook Storage

I have another idea for that dishwasher basket. Every scrapbooker needs to be organized, and most scrapbookers wish they could find inexpensive or free methods for storage. Why wouldn't you want to find products that were low cost or found in your own home. I am a frugal gal at heart, and reusing anything for another purpose always makes me smile.

Over the past twelve years that I have been scrapbooking, I have accumulated a lot of supplies, and I have had to find storage methods for everything along the way. I often look right in my own home for innovative ways to store my items.

A couple of years ago, I came across an old dishwasher basket. Since then, I have probably added a half dozen to my scrapbook area for all types of supplies. Although everyone has one in their dishwasher, you would probably like that one to keep washing your silverware, so don't remove it. But, what do you do instead? Where are you going to get one?

First, keep a watch out at garage sales, flea markets, and other places. I have seen them at a lot of them, and have purchased several. You might ask around to friends and family to see if anyone is replacing a dishwasher or has an extra one somewhere in the garage or basement. You can also purchase them from stores that carry replacement parts, and they are pretty inexpensive.

What scrapbook supplies should you store in your dishwasher basket?

Anything and everything. I use them for almost anything that fits.

• colored pencils
  • markers
  • eyelet tools
  • scissors
  • erasers
  • cutter blades
  • rulers
  • loose stickers
  • small baggies of embellishments
  • glue sticks
  • adhesive
  • and a whole lot more

You might also consider using them for card making, rubber stamping and any other crafts you might dabble in. Oh, and they make great utensil storage (of course) for picnics, as well as next to the stove for cooking.

By marianneryan23 from Des Moines, IA

Great idea! it's also usually long and narrow - so it won't take up much space at your work space!

Scrapbook Supplies
Organizing Scrapbook Supplies
Crafts Paper ScrapbookingOctober 20, 2010
Hanging Steel Kitchen Utensils
Making a Utensil Holder
Interior of a full dishwasher.
Removing Hard Water Stains Inside Dishwasher
Replacing a Dishwasher
Replacing a Dishwasher
An open dishwasher full of clean dishes.
Fixing a Leaking Dishwasher