Renovating the Floor of My Lanai (Covered Patio)

I need help on my lanai (covered Patio). I have removed all the ugly paint from the floor, but do not know what would be best to add. I had considered the "make it yourself" pavers, just repainting, or using outside carpet (but it gets moldy). I found some recycled rubber, the ones used on garage floors. The problem is, when it rains, I have standing water. I have also considered putting down tile. All of these options are very expensive, since this is a large area. The present floor is chipped and uneven. Could I add more concrete? Any help would be appreciated.

Karen from Venice, FL

Answers

You should first patch it to get it smooth again. Any good hardware store can sell you concrete patch. And because you have standing water and weathering, I would recommend floor/deck paint. It may sound expensive, but two coats and you will not have to mess with that floor for years to come! I once painted my basement floor (concrete) and didn't have to repaint for the 12 years I lived there; it looked great. And if I remember correctly, the paint wasn't that much more expensive than regular house paint. Make sure you get floor/deck paint.

Home and Garden Home Improvement Patio and DeckingMay 24, 2006
Installer Pavers
Making a Paving Stone Patio
Renovating Your Kitchen on Budget, Red tool box full of tools.
Renovating Your Kitchen on Budget
Blue Chairs and Table on Patio
Repairing Patio Furniture
A man and woman in their RV.
Renovating a Motorhome
🍀
💘
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on February 14, 2017 at 12:36:40 AM on 10.0.0.97 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.