Decorating With Happy Memories

To decorate a room. Pick something that makes you "happy" when you think about it. ie; a pleasant time in your life, a vacation even a song. Then shop around at thrift stores/discount stores, and find anything that has to do with that idea.

I decorated a bathroom in 50's style. I made a poodle skirt out of pink felt and used it for a curtain and then bought old records and hung them all over the wall. I took black check fabric and trimmed black towels with them. Since I lived so far away from my home town, I had my sister pick up my favorite things from there. A donut bag from the shop I got donuts at as a kid, and other things that reminded me of my home town. It's adorable and everything reminds me of my childhood.

It's fun, try it.

By Nancy M.

Beautifully, yet inexpensively,  decorated room.
Decorating Your Home on a Budget
Home and Garden Home Improvement Decorating BathroomFebruary 3, 2005
Saving Money at Disneyland, Entrance to Disneyland Park
Saving Money on Disneyland Tickets
Happy Man Using PC Laptop
Keeping Your PC Happy
A girl helping make rolls on Thanksgiving.
Preserving Thanksgiving Memories
Feng Shui Decorating, Feng Shui Decorating
Feng Shui Decorating