Donations For Tornado Relief (Yazoo City, MS)
I work in Yazoo City, MS. After this week's weather, I thought I would offer some advice to anyone wanting to help tornado victims.
- Remember that in addition to water, workers and victims will be craving the caffeine we Americans consume on a daily basis, so throw in some cans of soda.
- Donate items in plastic bins. As people try to save what they can, they will need something to store items in for quite some time.
- Remember the small communities. While there will be lots of media coverage on the larger cities, there will be small communities cut-off and forgotten due to roads filled with debris and because their vehicles are gone! Remember these are rural economy states where many people commute 30 minutes or more to work.
- Don't donate stuff that will have to be stored until the victims find housing. You can't use pots and pans or a vacuum until you have a house. Save that type of item for later donation.
- If you wouldn't wear it, don't donate it.
- Don't give a gift card to a particular store if it does not have a location open in that area.
- Buckets of cleaning supplies/toiletries are always appreciated.
- It is eighty degrees most days now and getting warmer, so don't donate winter clothes right now. They will be a blessing in the fall, when an entire family wakes up on that first cold morning and realizes they do not have coats :)
- Animal lovers, remember there are also many homeless pets and they are hungry too, so bags of pet food, leashes, etc. make great donations.
By onesoutherngal from MS
May 3, 20110 found this helpful
They can use prayers, too!
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!
You are viewing the desktop version of this page: View Mobile Site
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by ThriftyFun
generated on October 18, 2016 at 1:27:11 PM on 10.0.1.214 in 3 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer
. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us