Hen and Chicks Plants are Dying

I have a house plant looks like a hen and chicks, but as it opens it has like cotton that spreads across it. I think it is called a spiderweb welock, but it seems to be slowly dying. I am not sure how to take care of it; I have tried everything.

By Ray from Fort Wayne, IN

I sounds like a fungus to me. Is it getting enough air circulation? Sometimes, they will get a fungus without proper air.

Take it outside and give it a good washing. Not the soil as too much water might kill it. Just a thought. Best of luck. I looked and looked online for an answer but to no avail.

I had the same thing that happened to my bottlebrush succulent (native to Africa), I dipped the pointed part of a bamboo skewer into 1/4 cup water with a drop of dish soap and carefully pick the cottony pest, it becomes stringy when you remove it and it seems to control the pest whatever its name is. But if caught in advanced stage, may not work anymore.

Is the web part of the plant? Some Hen & Chicks are naturally webby. If so, leave it alone and enjoy! Do be careful not to overwater, too.

June 18, 2010 Flag

My Hens and Chicks are dying out, why? They are in a concrete planter and get lots of sunlight. They were beautiful and full when I was given them.

By Gwenn from OH

Answers:

Hen and Chicks Plants are Dying

Cold weather will make them die, also too much water, good luck. (01/30/2010)

By kffrmw88

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes