Books as Gifts - Evan the Bookworm

Books can be a wonderful, inexpensive gift or activity for a child. This is my two year old son Evan, looking at one of his favorites. It cost me all of a dollar at our local dollar store, and I can't tell you how many times he's "read" it! We've definitely gotten our dollar's worth out of it! Evan also got quite a few books for his birthday last week, which was great--he has plenty of toys, and being a teacher, I'm happy to have friends and relatives encourage his love of books too!

Bookworm Evan

By Lisa

There's nothing better to invest money in for a growing child than books.Develope that love for reading at a young age and it will last throughout life.When my grandson was about 3 we found an old book from my kids book buying days,The Little Engine that Could.He was fascinated by trains at the time,and our bedroom window faces train tracks across the street and he'd jump up in a chair,and watch every time he heard one coming.He'd say it's going OVER THE MOUNTAIN to take toys to good little girls and boys!! He's 6 now and yesterday with a little help on hard words,he read to ME!! Buy your son that book as a first BIG BOOK and I guarantee within a few days he'll practically know it word for word.I'm proud of Moms like you!!

What a cutie! And it's a wonderful thing that he likes books, reading can take him so many places.

Another wonderful gift is a magazine subscription..Focus on the family has some....readers Digerst and National Geographis...all for little ones...

libraries are awsom sources for books.

Thats my cusin Tehra Evan is a cutie pie i love him i`am 10 years old and my little cusin is a good reader and a very good acter lol i love u Evan!!!!! xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxox