Cleaning Shower Curtain Liners

I have only a shower in our house. I buy just shower liner curtains instead of the fancy curtains, since it's just the two of us. Some times I buy clear ones, sometimes I buy white ones. They are less than four dollars.

When they start to get a build up on them, I take them down and soak them in the sink in a small amount of bleach and white vinegar water. Then I swish it around and hang on the clothesline outside. You can feel it where it needs to be cleaned. Just keep swishing it until it feels clean. Let it dry and hang it back in the bathroom and it's as good as new. One curtain liner can last a long time.

By Michele from SW MO

I have put them in the washing machine and they come out great that way too!

The new cloth shower curtains cost a little more but you can throw them in the washer. I wash mine with the rings still on and just hang it back up in the shower to dry.

I throw mine in the washer on gentle with a few hand towels and a little bleach. Stick in the dryer on air for just maybe 5 minutes and then hang back up. Look brand new!

I used to buy the plastic liners and wash them in the washer as others mentioned. But eventually they would develop a tear and need replacing. Then I bought a "hotel" fabric liner which has lasted for about 7 years now. I can wash it anytime in the washer, and there's that much less plastic going in the trash. I expect to have it at least another 7 years!

Cleaning a Shower Curtain
Cleaning a Shower Curtain
Home and Garden Cleaning BathroomJuly 21, 2011
Making Your Own Panty Liners
Shower Curtain Rod
Uses for Shower Curtain Rods
Repairing a Leaky Shower Valve
Repairing a Leaky Shower Valve
Shower Enclosure
Cleaning a Shower Enclosure