TravelTravel and Recreation

Keeping Facial Soap Case from Smelling Bad

Category Travel

I have been traveling quite a bit lately and keep my facial soap in a plastic soap case and then put in a plastic zip lock bag. After a couple of days, it has a terrible odor. Does anyone have a suggestion for stopping this odor? I don't want to just put it in my cosmetic bag when it is wet.

Aquarius from Ontario Canada

Try cutting off tiny "single-use" slices from the bar, and storing them in your soap case or baggie. That way, you won't be putting any wet soap back into the container. As long as the soap remains dry, you won't have bacteria build-up to cause odor.

If you travel a lot - why don't you simply use the little soaps you get from your room - Most of them are quite nice nowadays. I save them & use them by the kitchen sink, etc.

When I travel with my soap, I wrap it in a washcloth instead of putting it in plastic. Never had a problem.

I don't know if it will work, But It does on Cheese. Wrap the soap in a vinegar dampened paper towel before you put it in the soap case. If you put a vinegar dampened paper towel around cheese,like cheddar, and wrap it it plastic wrap or put into a baggie, it will not grow mold.

Just remember lightly damp,not wet!. GG Vi

Thank you for your suggestions, but I should have mentioned that I have extremely sensitive skin and use a special face soap. The idea of small single use slices is good. Also must remember a lot of my travel is in a big truck and all items are not always on hand. Thank you all for your time