Problems With Above Ground Pool Filter

Why is the water in my above the ground pool filter not being pulled through the sand? It circulates but does not filter through the sand.

Jeanette from Tennessee

Check the dial on top of your filter. There is a position for filter, backwash, circulate and drain. As the filters get older its hard to to see where the handle is pointed to. Other then that make sure that your hoses are conected correctly. If incorrect it will bypass the sand and just circulate also. Hope this helps. Good luck :) Linda

I started up my pool and when I put my filter to filtration, water comes out the backwash pipe. When I put it to backwash, dirty water goes back into pool. What could be the problem?

Home and Garden Home Improvement Pools and Hot TubsJuly 14, 2007
Cloudy water in an above ground pool.
Cloudy Water in an Above Ground Pool
Closeup of blue flowering creeping charlie.
Getting Rid of Ground Ivy (Creeping Charlie)
A blue above ground swimming pool.
Cleaning an Above Ground Pool
Above Ground Pool
Winterizing an Above Ground Pool
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on October 20, 2016 at 5:26:14 PM on in 963 msecs. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.