Mice Living in My Car

I have mice in my brand new car! I first noticed them in my glove box, they ate ketchup packets, so I took everything out of there. I also put peppermint oil on a cotton ball. They still go in my car. NOW they are all over, on the seats, on the dash, steering wheel. It is like they have set up camp, yet I have never seen them, just the droppings!

We park the car in the garage (which is infested with mice this time of year) and I was wondering if anyone has ever had this problem. My car is starting to smell! I use urine spray that I got for my dog who pees on the floor, it works well, but every morning they leave more. I set traps and they are constantly full. Is there a hole I can plug up or something! AHHHH!

Jen from ILLINOIS

I had mice in my car that originally got in there because of the sunflower seeds in the glove box. The only way I was able to get rid of them was to set mouse poison all around the garage. It worked, they ate that instead of breaking into the car.

Can you borrow a cat or two from someone? I have several cats and have never had a vermin problem although neighbours have.

That is funny I live in Illinois too, also have the same problem. Last year I parked my car in our garage and started noticing chewed up papers, phone books, stuffing from under my back seat. We set traps and caught them. We took out the backseat to find underneath they had a nest, so we put out rat poison in the trunk and under the seat. Well this year same problem I don't know how to get rid of them little rodents. We stopped parking our car in the garage. Have you found a cure yet?